HOW TO CREATE A POSITIVE MENTAL ATITTUDE
Positive mental attitude (PMA) is the state of the mind that envisions and expects favorable results through the willingness to try doing something new believing everything will turn out right.
Eleanor Roosevelt once said “No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.”
Positive mental attitude is a lot more than smiling and looking cheerful, it is more about one’s overall perspective of life and your tendency to focus on all that is good in life.
There are many characteristics associated with positive mental attitude. These are:
- Optimism: This is hopefulness and confidence about the future or the success of something.
- Acceptance: Taking responsibility by learning from your mistakes, acknowledging that things don’t always turn out the way you want.
- Resilience: The ability to bounce back from adversity, disappointment and failure instead of giving up.
- Gratitude: Appreciating the good things of life.
- Mindfulness: Enhancing your ability to focus.
- Integrity: Being honorable and straight forward.
Maintaining a positive mental attitude is essential for healthy living.
How to create a positive mental attitude:
- Surround yourself with positive people who inspire, motivate and encourage you. Try as much as possible to avoid people with negativity.
- Never stop encouraging yourself. Speak positive thoughts out to yourself regularly. Keep telling yourself “I CAN…”
- Speak positively to others. Limit your complaints about others and think carefully before you speak, because words carry more power than you think.
- Be optimistic about all situations. Bad situations are inevitable, but good opportunities can be created out of them when you proactively try to improve such situations.
- Exercise regularly and maintain a healthy diet and lifestyle. This is highly important. Don’t deprive yourself of sleep and avoid eating sugary foods and junks.